On March 15 2011, the Rome Opera celebrated the unification of Italy with a performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s great early opera, “Nabucco.” After the chorus sang ,”Va, pensiro,” the conductor (Riccardo Muti) turned to the audience and made a short, but quite emotional, speech. He described himself as a world traveler but one who was proud of his Italian cultural heritage wherever his journeys took him. He urged those listening to resist current trends to downplay this cultural background and that Italians must become, once again, cultural leaders of the world. To celebrate their success in the world of arts, Maestro Muti asked the audience to join him in singing an enore of, “Va pensiero.” Any wonder that chorus members were weeping as they sang the final bars of this marvelous hymn?
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Human Race is in Danger of Extinction: Are you human?
- LPAC Policy Committee – “Make an impact in the month of August”
- August: Create an Impact to Prevent Thermonuclear War
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Lyndon LaRouche, August 1, 2015 (including transcript)
- Adams pays tribute to life and legacy of O’ Donovan Rossa
- Friday Webcast · July 31, 2015
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, July 30, 2015
- Eisenhower Blocked Nuclear War; Kennedy Blocked Nuclear War; Does Hillary Have the Guts?
- Putin Prepares Russia for War with West; Shuts Down U.S. NED
- LaRouchePAC New Paradigm Q&A: Logic, God, and Darwin
- To Stop World War III, Hillary Must Expose Obama’s Benghazi Lies
- As NATO Holds Emergency Meeting, Turkey and U.S. Establish Creeping No-Fly Zone over Syria
- Putin: Russia Will Respond to U.S.-NATO BMD System
- Hillary Clinton Must Tell the Truth About Benghazi, and Bring Down Obama Before He Unleashes the Guns of August
- LaRouche Warns of Thermonuclear ‘Guns of August’ Unless Obama is Dumped
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · July 27, 2015
- McGuinness to brief US administration on political crisis
- The British Empire Is Crumbling, The Way Is Clear for a New Global Era
- The Manhattan Project: Town Hall Q&A Event with Lyndon LaRouche, July 25, 2015 (including transcript)
- Trailer: Our Exiled Children – The story of Irish America’s role in the 1916 Rising
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Putin Prepares Russia for War… Tom Arnall on Putin Prepares Russia for War… poldergriet on Who Will Implement the New Gre… poldergriet on LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast, Ju…