On March 15 2011, the Rome Opera celebrated the unification of Italy with a performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s great early opera, “Nabucco.” After the chorus sang ,”Va, pensiro,” the conductor (Riccardo Muti) turned to the audience and made a short, but quite emotional, speech. He described himself as a world traveler but one who was proud of his Italian cultural heritage wherever his journeys took him. He urged those listening to resist current trends to downplay this cultural background and that Italians must become, once again, cultural leaders of the world. To celebrate their success in the world of arts, Maestro Muti asked the audience to join him in singing an enore of, “Va pensiero.” Any wonder that chorus members were weeping as they sang the final bars of this marvelous hymn?
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · August 31, 2015
- A Splintered Europe Must Restore Ties with Russia —Italian Military Analyst
- Zepp-LaRouche: Urgent Appeal for Action to the Heads of Government: The UN General Assembly Is the World’s Last Chance!
- U.S. China Hand Threatens Color Revolution Against Beijing
- Water protesters would welcome an early election – McDonald
- Definition of Courage and Leadership Now: Get Obama Out of Office Before It’s Too Late
- Hogg’s elevation to Lords an insult to collusion victims
- Government have underestimated Irish Water protestors at their peril – McDonald
- Michel Rocard Demanded Glass-Steagall Now: ‘This Law Drew Us Out of the Crisis’
- The Manhattan Project: Town Hall Q&A Event with Lyndon LaRouche, August 29, 2015
- Jürgen Todenhöfer: Remove Leaders Who Created War and Misery for Millions of Refugees
- German ‘Free Thinkers Association’ Warns against Nuclear War
- LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast, August 28, 2015
- We Must Pre-Empt!
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, August 27, 2015
- Attributing Global Market Problems to China Would Be Wrong, Says India’s Reserve Bank Governor Rajan
- Is the Fed Behind Market Jump? Many Voices Say ‘Yes’
- LaRouche: Wall Street Is Hopelessly Bankrupt, Institute Glass Steagall Worldwide Immediately
- New Paradigm for Mankind: Green is the new Brown, Global Warming is population reduction
- The Manhattan Project: LIVE Rally from Federal Hall
poldergriet on LaRouche: Wall Street Is Hopel… Nereida Thompson on LaRouche: The Trans-Atlantic S… kloro2006 on Friday Webcast · August 21, 20… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Friday Webcast · August 21, 20…