On March 15 2011, the Rome Opera celebrated the unification of Italy with a performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s great early opera, “Nabucco.” After the chorus sang ,”Va, pensiro,” the conductor (Riccardo Muti) turned to the audience and made a short, but quite emotional, speech. He described himself as a world traveler but one who was proud of his Italian cultural heritage wherever his journeys took him. He urged those listening to resist current trends to downplay this cultural background and that Italians must become, once again, cultural leaders of the world. To celebrate their success in the world of arts, Maestro Muti asked the audience to join him in singing an enore of, “Va pensiero.” Any wonder that chorus members were weeping as they sang the final bars of this marvelous hymn?
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Obama Murders
- LaRouche: Obama is a Disease Disguised as President; Remove him now!
- New Paradigm Show · April 22, 2015
- Obama is the Detonator for World War
- LPAC Policy Committee · April 20, 2015
- What We Did, Will Determine Whether the Human Species Exists or Not
- Could Orange be the new green in Ireland as some are seeking?
- Fianna Fáil doesn’t represent Republican ideals – Cllr Chris Andrews
- Adams dismisses Fianna Fáil Leader’s “hysterical rant”
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche Addresses Highly Successful EIR Event in NYC
- Water for the Future
- Brown’s Policies Make CA Model for Fascism Without Fences — Jail Him Now!
- Vitrenko Describes Physical Threats, Exposes Sophistry of the Ukrainian Parliament’s “Neo-Nazi” Laws
- “No Surrender” to latest demand that Ireland rejoin the British Commonwealth
- Friday Webcast 17 April 2015
- What it Takes to Fight Wall Street and Fascism
- The New Paradigm Show 15 April 2015
- LaRouche: If anything happens to Natalia Vitrenko, Victoria Nuland must be held responsible
- Water Genocide
- Nazis in Sacramento: The Brown Squirts Will Kill You Before the Drought Can Do It
Open Source Media on Obama is the Detonator for Wor… Open Source Media on New Paradigm Show · April 22,… Open Source Media on Water Genocide LaRouche Irish Briga… on THIS MONTH IN HISTORY –…