June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Weekly Report: The New Paradigm for Mankind
- Wield the Science of the Noosphere To Stop the British Empire’s New Black Death
- The Human and Inhuman Response to Ebola’s Menace
- Liar-in-Chief Obama Appoints Coverup Artist Ron Klain as ‘Sub-Czar on Ebola’
- FIDEL CASTRO HAS OFFERED TO HELP THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIGHT AGAINST EBOLA,
- Schiller Institute 30th Anniversary Conference, Frankfurt: The New Silk Road and China’s Lunar Program: Mankind Is the Only Creative Species!
- LPAC Policy Committee Discussion 20 October 2014
- Gary Hart set to be named US peace envoy to Ireland this week
- Gerry Adams’ Blog: How republicans dealt with allegations of child abuse
- Ebola Mortality Can Be Sharply Reduced NOW, Given Enough Trained Personnel and Generally-Available Equipment
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche Replies to Questions from Xinhua
- Obama Ignored CDC 2008 Memo Urging U.S. to Build 18 Detection Global Centers for Ebola-like Diseases
- Osterholm: Focus on West Africa, not Dallas: The Effort in Africa Now, is a ‘Travesty’
- Webcast with Lyndon LaRouche 17 Oct 2014
- LaRouche: We Must Build a Victory Against Death
- Dr. Debra Freeman on the Crisis Which Created the Spread of Ebola
- Ebola: A Black Death Syndrome with a Huge Reservoir of Infected Human Beings
- Suez Digging 60 % Completed as Verdi’s Aida to be performed at the Pyramids
- We Are Not Prepared
- The New Paradigm for Mankind, October 15th, 2014
anandkumarrs on On Gandhi’s Birthday, Pr… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Robert Burns: Sic a Parcel of… John Morrison on Robert Burns: Sic a Parcel of… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Happy Birthday Lyndon LaR…