June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1′s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Attali: We Don’t Need Fake Money But Real Investment
- William Black: Even Savings & Loan Crisis Proved Glass-Steagall
- Ukrainian Army Units Don’t Want to Attack Population; Kiev Radicals Beat Drums for Showdown
- Leading Ukrainians Appeal to the UN
- Warnings of World War III Come Out as Washington ‘Sleepwalks’
- Jones and Lynch Increase Pressure to Release 28 Pages
- ‘Homeland Security Today’ Warns that Saudi 9/11 Networks Still a Threat
- Xi Jinping Says China/Russia Relations “At Their Best”
- Morganti at European Parliament Debate: Separate Banks
- Real Unemployment in Europe Keeps Rising
- Did the EU Sign a Defense Clause with Ukraine?
- LPAC Weekly Report: The New Paradigm for Mankind – April 16, 2014
- Nomi Prins on Wall Street: “There Is No Counterbalance to Their Power.”
- Reserve Requirements Ridiculed, Glass-Steagall Demanded
- The West Has Put Itself in a Bind in Ukraine: Either Withdraw or Move Towards Nuclear Confrontation
- Lavrov in China: Strategic Partnership, Gas, Nuclear, War Danger
- Violence in Eastern Ukraine and Kiev, as Coup-regime Launches “Anti-terror” Operation
- NATO-Russia Confrontation Moving Towards Hair-Trigger Conditions
- Obama Oil-Fracking Boom in the Dakotas Sucks up Rail Capacity; Stalls Out Shipments of Fertilizer, Food–a Wall Street Success!
- Kesha Rogers Senate Campaign Covered in the Dallas Morning News
LaRouche Irish Briga… on NATO-Russia Confrontation Movi… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Attali: We Don’t Need Fa… Scott M Thompson on Attali: We Don’t Need Fa… Scott M Thompson on NATO-Russia Confrontation Movi…