June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee – August 18, 2014
- LaRouche: Boehner Out! Create a Global Coalition to Crush the British Empire
- LaRouche: Money Is A Big Lie! We Have To Create Something With Real Value
- Is Argentina Moving Towards New, ‘War Economy’ Measures?
- Pope Rides High-Speed Rail In Korea, Reaches Out To China
- Egyptian President Declares Support for Crucial Toshka Mega-Agricultural Project
- Brazil Presidential Race Turned Upside Down
- It’s the Derivatives, Stupid!
- Argentine President: The World Is Waking Up in Its Own Defense Against Predatory Finance
- New Suez Canal Project Recalls Nasser and the Aswan Dam
- LaRouchePAC Webcast, August 15th, 2014
- The Decline and Free Fall of the European Empire
- Are Bildt and Reinfeldt War Criminals? ISIS Is the Effect, Not the Cause of the New Dark Age!
- The Masque of the Red Death Redux: European Countries Making Preparations To Defend Against Ebola Influx
- BRICS Power Is Sinking In
- HSBC Headquarters Raided in Argentina
- Argentines Mock Obama
- Turkey and China Filling the EU Hole in Agricultural Trade with Russia
- Egyptian President Stands with Argentina in Fight Against Vulture Funds
- Russia-India Nuclear Power Technology Collaboration Is on the Grow
Von on We’re In a Transition Bi… Goose on Russia Further Specifies Sanct… LaRouche Irish Briga… on British Empire Has Brazil… ipac1 on Collusion happened at the High…