June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Adams pays tribute to life and legacy of O’ Donovan Rossa
- Friday Webcast · July 31, 2015
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, July 30, 2015
- Eisenhower Blocked Nuclear War; Kennedy Blocked Nuclear War; Does Hillary Have the Guts?
- Putin Prepares Russia for War with West; Shuts Down U.S. NED
- LaRouchePAC New Paradigm Q&A: Logic, God, and Darwin
- To Stop World War III, Hillary Must Expose Obama’s Benghazi Lies
- As NATO Holds Emergency Meeting, Turkey and U.S. Establish Creeping No-Fly Zone over Syria
- Putin: Russia Will Respond to U.S.-NATO BMD System
- Hillary Clinton Must Tell the Truth About Benghazi, and Bring Down Obama Before He Unleashes the Guns of August
- LaRouche Warns of Thermonuclear ‘Guns of August’ Unless Obama is Dumped
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · July 27, 2015
- McGuinness to brief US administration on political crisis
- The British Empire Is Crumbling, The Way Is Clear for a New Global Era
- The Manhattan Project: Town Hall Q&A Event with Lyndon LaRouche, July 25, 2015 (including transcript)
- Trailer: Our Exiled Children – The story of Irish America’s role in the 1916 Rising
- Friday Webcast · July 24, 2015
- LaRouche Wakes Up the Sleepwalkers
- PETITION: THE UNITED STATES & EUROPE MUST JOIN THE BRICS
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, July 23, 2015
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Putin Prepares Russia for War… Tom Arnall on Putin Prepares Russia for War… poldergriet on Who Will Implement the New Gre… poldergriet on LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast, Ju…