June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee 25 May 2015
- For a Genuine U.S. Revival, Dump Obama And His British Masters Now For a Genuine U.S. Revival, Dump Obama And His British Masters Now
- The Immortality of Wilhelm Furtwängler by Matthew Ogden
- LaRouche’s Mission to Restore the American Presidency, What is Yours?
- Friday Webcast 22 May 2015
- Léargas by Gerry Adams —- Reaching Out
- Lyndon LaRouche: Reverse the Tsarnaev Death Sentence Before It Becomes a Hitler Phenomenon
- A Vernadskian Reconsideration of Galactic Cycles and Evolution by Benjamin Deniston
- New Paradigm Show — Mankind is Not an Animal 20 May 2015
- New Benghazi Documents Show Obama Lied to the American People and Should Immediately Be Impeached
- Declassified DIA Documents Can Bring Down Obama Now
- PAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · 18 May 2015
- Manhattan’s Struggle for Human Freedom Against the Slave Power of Virginia
- Animated Infographic: Water for the Future
- Friday Webcast 15 May 2015
- Lynn Boylan MEP to discuss resistance to privatisation at international water summit jn Thessaloniki
- Obama Is Going Down
- Think Strategically, Think Scientifically
- The BRICS New Move: ‘Real Wars are Sometimes Won This Way’
- Vernadsky & LaRouche: There are No Limits to Growth!
poldergriet on Dump Obama Now or Face Imminen… poldergriet on New Paradigm Show · April 29,… poldergriet on The Obama Murders Open Source Media on Obama is the Detonator for Wor…