June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Dáil should provide leadership on Gaza crisis – Gerry Adams TD
- The New Paradigm for Mankind – July 30, 2014
- Obama Escalates Confrontation with Russia by Alleging INF Treaty Violation
- BRICS Nations Move on Nuclear Cooperation
- Corrupt Leaders Collude Against Impeachment, As Obama’s Sanctions Hit Western Europe, Not Russia
- Bipartisan Collusion Fails to Crush Impeachment Movement
- British Empire Threatens Financial, As Well As Military, Nuclear War Against Russia
- Gerry Adams TD reiterates call for recall of Dáil on Gaza
- Lavrov says West’s Ukraine Project is Doomed to Fail, as Obama Ramps up Attacks
- Lead — It’s High Time to Dump Obama and Bring the United States into a New World System Unleashing the Productive Powers of Mankind
- LPAC Policy Committee – July 28, 2014
- Congressional Vote to Reassert Its Constitutional Power Opens Way for Obama’s Impeachment, New Just Financial Order
- LEAD — LaRouche: Obama Is Trying to Cover Up His Smashing Defeat by Congress’s Approval of HCR-105. Why Is He Hiding?
- Almost No Press Coverage of Historic Vote on HCR 105
- Argentine President’s Allusion to Glass-Steagall Reflects Breakdown of British Imperial Control
- Will the British Empire’s Assault on Russia Backfire?
- Impeachment Is Definitely on the Table
- Wyden Seeking To Release CIA Torture Report
- LaRouchePAC in Action · July 27th, 2014
- Georgia Congressman: Anti-Putin Hysteria Used to Stoke Fears of Russia
LaRouche Irish Briga… on There Will be No Catastrophe i… maria magan on There Will be No Catastrophe i… saucerfulsecrets on Russian Defense Ministry Asks… BRICS Summit Minutes… on BRICS Summit Issues Fortaleza…