June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The World Looks to Greece
- Lyndon LaRouche in New York City: “The Presidency Is My Issue”
- Lá an Neamhspleáchais sona daoibh!
- July 3, 2015 – LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast
- Take a stand against EU bullies and our government cheerleaders – Lynn Boylan MEP
- Irish government must accept that Greek debt is unsustainable – Matt Carthy MEP
- Sinn Féin to show solidarity with people of Greece in Athens
- AP Shames Merkel on Greece; LaRouche Urges Story Be Spread
- LaRouche: Regime-Change Assault on Greece Will Backfire; It’s the Trans-Atlantic System that is Set To Explode
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, July 2, 2015
- Unheard Melodies: Harmonic Dissymmetry and Musical Inversion
- Adams warns of grave threat to institutions
- New Paradigm Show · Ben Deniston’s Paris Presentation
- Kenny kow-tows to Brussels and ordinary people pay the price – Adams
- LaRouche: The Trans-Atlantic Financial System Is Bankrupt, Not Greece
- Fine Gael/Labour fear Greek write down would expose their own failure – Adams
- Sarajevo for the Euro
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · June 29, 2015
- Lyndon LaRouche Addresses Manhattan Town Hall Event
- Adams rejects outlandish remarks by Leo Varadkar
LaRouche Irish Briga… on We Are All Greeks! Europe Only… macedonianancestry on We Are All Greeks! Europe Only… macedonianancestry on We Are All Greeks! Europe Only… LaRouche Irish Briga… on LPAC Policy Committee with Lyn…