June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LaRouche: Putin Can Change the Game with Syria Intervention
- New Paradigm Show – Fission, Fusion, and Collapse
- New NATO Regional HQ in Romania; Russian Encirclement Proceeds
- Make Way for the ‘Peace Paradigm’: Get Rid of Obama
- Warnings of General War Danger by Senior U.S. Figures Spread
- Wall Street Is Collapsing, Not China
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · August 31, 2015
- A Splintered Europe Must Restore Ties with Russia —Italian Military Analyst
- Zepp-LaRouche: Urgent Appeal for Action to the Heads of Government: The UN General Assembly Is the World’s Last Chance!
- U.S. China Hand Threatens Color Revolution Against Beijing
- Water protesters would welcome an early election – McDonald
- Definition of Courage and Leadership Now: Get Obama Out of Office Before It’s Too Late
- Hogg’s elevation to Lords an insult to collusion victims
- Government have underestimated Irish Water protestors at their peril – McDonald
- Michel Rocard Demanded Glass-Steagall Now: ‘This Law Drew Us Out of the Crisis’
- The Manhattan Project: Town Hall Q&A Event with Lyndon LaRouche, August 29, 2015
- Jürgen Todenhöfer: Remove Leaders Who Created War and Misery for Millions of Refugees
- German ‘Free Thinkers Association’ Warns against Nuclear War
- LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast, August 28, 2015
- We Must Pre-Empt!
poldergriet on LaRouche: Wall Street Is Hopel… Nereida Thompson on LaRouche: The Trans-Atlantic S… kloro2006 on Friday Webcast · August 21, 20… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Friday Webcast · August 21, 20…