(19 June 2012, EIRNS) Founder of Greece’s modern resistence movement, the world famous composer, Mikis Theodorakis has penned a commentary on the results of the latest Greek elections where he writes that “Greece has been into a deadlock.”
As a result of these elections, Theodorakis writes that the “asphyxia” which Greece has beein suffering withe over 3,000 suicides and countless protests will increase.
“The main reason for this dramatic change is due to the fact that there is no correlation between the wishes and the will of the Greek people on one hand and the party’s representatives on the other.”
While citing the “deformed” Greek electoral system, he nonetheless lays blame on the inability of the left to unite and then create and “a single anti- memorandum front” with all the anti memorandum parties “rid the country from the shackles of the Memorandum, the Troika, the IMF and European banks. In other words, the mandate of the people to regain national independence, abandoning the policy of austerity. Depreciation of the terms granted to the lenders confiscation of public wealth….and the management of public debt in the international, European and Greek law.”
He blamed also the role of the role of foreign (Governments, Banks, Press) as well. Also the elections results also expressed the rage and confussion of the population so he said the task is to find ways organization for this strugggle, “So we must help the people to regain its composure and clear thinking that will create the necessary historic strength. We have to convince him that our own proposals offer the solutions they desire.”
Among the proposals he calls for include the necessity to “to turn his back on a vicious and blind political-party system” that was responsible for the crisis.
The second is to”define a new vision for the country’s position in the modern world, especially now that the international economic-political system eats our flesh… Nothing connects us with them. Neither our history nor our culture, traditions and customs, our character and our interests.”
He then calls for leaving the Eurozone, while staying in Europe but financially and economically Greece must focuse on states and markets outside the euro zone and the IMF.
“We reserve the political, diplomatic, cultural and other relations with them. We live in Europe, while we support fully our economic development agreements, contracts and joint ventures with international governmental and private organizations on the basis of mutual interest” but adds that this policy (separating from the Euro and the IMF policies, “will relieve us from the deadly embraces partners have turned into brutal oppressors, exploiters of despotic behavior that do not fit the character and traditions.”
He then writes that Greece “great weapon” is its “national wealth” including the “intelligence and industriousness of our people” and the exploiting the natural resources and natural bueaty of the country. (He also spoils it by adding “green energy”)
“Free of interest and amortization and a government which prevails in the ability, ethics, morality and all-round dedication to the common good of all representatives of all levels of power, our country is able to fully satisfy the needs of residents . To fly over any kind of foreign dependencies and to be free again to be be independent and grounded in the nations own wealth and their own abilities in the way of social and national development, moral uplift and spiritual and cultural renaissance.
“As for the security of the country (though it may seem contradictory) I believe that love and dedication of our People for Peace is the best method to organize our defense so that the war seems to be what it really is: the absolute bad for everyone. Friends, enemies and friends relentless.” [dea]
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee – “Make an impact in the month of August”
- August: Create an Impact to Prevent Thermonuclear War
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Lyndon LaRouche, August 1, 2015 (including transcript)
- Adams pays tribute to life and legacy of O’ Donovan Rossa
- Friday Webcast · July 31, 2015
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, July 30, 2015
- Eisenhower Blocked Nuclear War; Kennedy Blocked Nuclear War; Does Hillary Have the Guts?
- Putin Prepares Russia for War with West; Shuts Down U.S. NED
- LaRouchePAC New Paradigm Q&A: Logic, God, and Darwin
- To Stop World War III, Hillary Must Expose Obama’s Benghazi Lies
- As NATO Holds Emergency Meeting, Turkey and U.S. Establish Creeping No-Fly Zone over Syria
- Putin: Russia Will Respond to U.S.-NATO BMD System
- Hillary Clinton Must Tell the Truth About Benghazi, and Bring Down Obama Before He Unleashes the Guns of August
- LaRouche Warns of Thermonuclear ‘Guns of August’ Unless Obama is Dumped
- LPAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · July 27, 2015
- McGuinness to brief US administration on political crisis
- The British Empire Is Crumbling, The Way Is Clear for a New Global Era
- The Manhattan Project: Town Hall Q&A Event with Lyndon LaRouche, July 25, 2015 (including transcript)
- Trailer: Our Exiled Children – The story of Irish America’s role in the 1916 Rising
- Friday Webcast · July 24, 2015
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Putin Prepares Russia for War… Tom Arnall on Putin Prepares Russia for War… poldergriet on Who Will Implement the New Gre… poldergriet on LaRouchePAC Friday Webcast, Ju…