Prominent United Left (IU) Deputy Gaspar
Llamazares told an August 3 press conference that staying in the
euro is not worth the loss of sovereignty and citizen’s rights
that would come with full European Union (EU) intervention and
national bailout. “The government cannot sell out the country,
and should tell the EU that we are not in the euro at all costs,
nor at the cost of the workers, because if for this all citizens’
rights have to be thrown overboard, it is not worth it.” He
charged European Central Bank (ECB) chief Mario Draghi with
“clear blackmail” against Spanish society, with his proposal
that it reduce political autonomy, health, education, and social
benefits, “in exchange for a handful of euros.”
Should Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy accept intervention, it
would be “high treason” against the ciizens. Politicans who
stick with this, are going to produce “a social convulsion” and
leave the country in “water up to its neck and on the road to
Greece,” Llamazares charged.
Llamazares, a medical doctor specializing in public health
and member of the Spanish Communist Party, served as General
Coordinator of the IU from 2000-2008.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee – July 28, 2014
- Congressional Vote to Reassert Its Constitutional Power Opens Way for Obama’s Impeachment, New Just Financial Order
- LEAD — LaRouche: Obama Is Trying to Cover Up His Smashing Defeat by Congress’s Approval of HCR-105. Why Is He Hiding?
- Almost No Press Coverage of Historic Vote on HCR 105
- Argentine President’s Allusion to Glass-Steagall Reflects Breakdown of British Imperial Control
- Will the British Empire’s Assault on Russia Backfire?
- Impeachment Is Definitely on the Table
- Wyden Seeking To Release CIA Torture Report
- LaRouchePAC in Action · July 27th, 2014
- Georgia Congressman: Anti-Putin Hysteria Used to Stoke Fears of Russia
- Reporters Demand Evidence from State Department for Its Anti-Russian Claims
- Russian Pressure on Afghan Opiate Trade and Money Laundering Throws Down the Gauntlet to U.S. and Western Europe
- Obama’s Crony John Brennan Partnered the NSA with Saudi Torturers
- New York Times Column Lambastes Judge Griesa, Appeals Court and Supreme Court on Incompetent Handling of Argentina Sovereign Bond Case
- July 25th, 2014 Webcast
- Darrell Issa Takes On Obama Protection of Wall Street
- Ukraine Coup Coalition Splits, “Yats” Quits, Poroshenko Scrambles to Satisfy IMF
- Lead — LaRouche: House Vote on H. CON. RES. 105 makes other things possible; Congress must not stop here!
- U.S. House of Representatives Reasserts its Constitutional Responsibility to Authorize War in Historic Vote
- Policy Committee in D.C.
LaRouche Irish Briga… on There Will be No Catastrophe i… maria magan on There Will be No Catastrophe i… saucerfulsecrets on Russian Defense Ministry Asks… BRICS Summit Minutes… on BRICS Summit Issues Fortaleza…