August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LPAC Policy Committee · April 20, 2015
- What We Did, Will Determine Whether the Human Species Exists or Not
- Could Orange be the new green in Ireland as some are seeking?
- Fianna Fáil doesn’t represent Republican ideals – Cllr Chris Andrews
- Adams dismisses Fianna Fáil Leader’s “hysterical rant”
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche Addresses Highly Successful EIR Event in NYC
- Water for the Future
- Brown’s Policies Make CA Model for Fascism Without Fences — Jail Him Now!
- Vitrenko Describes Physical Threats, Exposes Sophistry of the Ukrainian Parliament’s “Neo-Nazi” Laws
- “No Surrender” to latest demand that Ireland rejoin the British Commonwealth
- Friday Webcast 17 April 2015
- What it Takes to Fight Wall Street and Fascism
- The New Paradigm Show 15 April 2015
- LaRouche: If anything happens to Natalia Vitrenko, Victoria Nuland must be held responsible
- Water Genocide
- Nazis in Sacramento: The Brown Squirts Will Kill You Before the Drought Can Do It
- LaRouche Policy Commission 13 April 2015
- Brown Out, Science In: California Must Lead the Nation in Scientific Recovery
- Friday Webcast 10 April 2015
- Press Release: Despicable Attempt to Frame Dr. Natalia Vitrenko Stinks of Nazism in the Bandera Tradition—Victoria Nuland’s Favorite Ideology
Open Source Media on Water Genocide Scott M Thompson on In Memory of Arthur Griffith… LaRouche Irish Briga… on THIS MONTH IN HISTORY –… Michael Murphy on THIS MONTH IN HISTORY –…