August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- More Vulture Hysteria as Appeals Court Hearing on Griesa’s Ruling Approaches
- U.K. Accused of Harboring Libyan Cleric Who Helped Aid Islamist Insurgency
- Poles Have Not Learned Their Lessons, Charges LaRouche
- Chilean Foreign Minister: We Need a Global Financial System that Reflects the ‘New Realities’ of the BRICS
- LaRouche: We Are On the Edge of An Era In Which Prometheus Is Finally Unbound
- BRICS: Trade, Investment, & Security Topped Putin-Zuma Meeting
- Russian Foreign Minister: ‘Latin America Will Be One of the Pillars of the New World Economic Order’
- Celebrate Lyndon LaRouche’s 92nd Birthday, Sept. 8 with Obama’s Impeachment
- August 29th, 2014 Webcast
- Behind the Anti-Russian Hysteria: Kiev Is Losing the War
- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Ryabkov: BRICS Moves Ahead with Economic & Political Agenda Ignored by West
- Will the New Suez Canal Revive Nasser’s Spirit Against the British Empire?
- Why Is the Wahhabi Saudi Monarchy Afraid of Wahhabi ISIS?
- Taoiseach should emulate Albert Reynolds and act on North
- ARTICLE: Richard Dawkins on Down Syndrome, Secular Humanism as Stardust Fascism
- Cheminade on Fall of French Government: Leave NATO, the Euro, and the EU, Align with the BRICS!
- Leave the Hysterical Ghosts Aside—The BRICS Are Consolidating a New World Economic Order
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche in China; A Promethean Renaissance Is Again Afoot in the World
- Chinese Ambassador to Mexico Writes: “Better the Prosperity of Many Than of One Alone”
- More Pressure on Obama to Devise a Serious Plan to Defeat IS
Von on We’re In a Transition Bi… Goose on Russia Further Specifies Sanct… LaRouche Irish Briga… on British Empire Has Brazil… ipac1 on Collusion happened at the High…