August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Timebomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Point of Worldwide Change: Obama Must Go
- Chinese Middle East Expert Address Schiller Institute Event at the National Press Club
- LPAC Policy Committee · April 27, 2015
- Murder in the Mediterranean
- An Appeal to “Our Exiled Children” A Message from Sinn Féin to Irish America
- LaRouchePAC Live: National Town Hall Simulcast on the Western Drought Crisis · Saturday April 25, 2015
- April 24, 2015 – Friday Webcast with Benjamin Deniston and Jeffrey Steinberg
- Speech from Gerry Adams in response to Micheál Martin and Fianna Fáil
- The Obama Murders
- LaRouche: Obama is a Disease Disguised as President; Remove him now!
- New Paradigm Show · April 22, 2015
- Obama is the Detonator for World War
- LPAC Policy Committee · April 20, 2015
- What We Did, Will Determine Whether the Human Species Exists or Not
- Could Orange be the new green in Ireland as some are seeking?
- Fianna Fáil doesn’t represent Republican ideals – Cllr Chris Andrews
- Adams dismisses Fianna Fáil Leader’s “hysterical rant”
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche Addresses Highly Successful EIR Event in NYC
- Water for the Future
- Brown’s Policies Make CA Model for Fascism Without Fences — Jail Him Now!
Open Source Media on Obama is the Detonator for Wor… Open Source Media on New Paradigm Show · April 22,… Open Source Media on Water Genocide LaRouche Irish Briga… on THIS MONTH IN HISTORY –…