August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Teltschik, Seehofer Insist Dialogue with Russia Is Indispensable
- Fireside Chat with Lyndon LaRouche, February 4, 2016
- A Unique and Unprecedented Turning-Point in Human History
- Obama Threatens Russia, While the US Real Economy Crumbles
- Lyndon LaRouche on the End of O’Malley & Grave Danger of War
- The Road Not Taken
- The World’s Top Drug-Pusher Backs Hillary
- LPAC Policy Committee Show, February 1, 2016
- Kesha Rogers On the Ground at Houston’s Johnson Space Center
- China Warns of US Nuclear War Threat
- Russian Responses to Obama’s War Provocations
- Can We Prevent the Drive to Thermonuclear War by Obama and the British Empire?
- Manhattan Project Town Hall event with Lyndon LaRouche, January 30, 2016 (transcript included)
- Friday Webcast, January 29, 2016
- Let’s Make Our Intention Clear
- Lavrov Addresses Two Systems Before the World: Geopolitics or Nations Joining Together To Face Common Challenges
- EIR Forum at National Press Club: Only a Scientific & Cultural Renaissance Can Stop New Dark Age
- Sinn Féin ‘right on burning bondholders’ – Adams
- LaRouche to O’Malley: Stick to Your Core Message and Be Bold!
- Leibniz’s Loving Wisdom, not Russell’s Evil Logic
lebenshilfe on The only option to Avoid Therm… How Wild Might the R… on Euro Banks Are Blowing Out; Do… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Euro Banks Are Blowing Out; Do… Conroy Shields on Euro Banks Are Blowing Out; Do…