August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Galaxy Project III: Our Galactic Year & Dynamics
- You Have Very Little Time to Change Your Thinking
- “Would Turkey Act Without US Permission?”
- Lavrov: Did US Approve Turkey’s Action Beforehand?
- Russia’s IMF Director: Next Crisis Will Find Us Unprepared
- Kerry: No Binding Agreement at COP 21; Hollande Throws a Fit
- Dump Obama or Face Thermonuclear War of Extinction
- Live Emergency Q&A Discussion with Lyndon LaRouche, November 25, 2015
- Obama Gives His Public Blessing to Turkey’s Act of War Against Russia; So Does NATO
- Global Warfare by the British Empire’s Terrorists
- NATO Member Turkey Downs Russian Su-24 Bomber; Russian General Staff Responds with New Measures
- LaRouche: Obama Organized an Act of War
- No Peace Until the British Monarchy Is Overthrown; British Puppet Obama Is an Asshole
- The British Empire’s Green Fascism
- LPAC Policy Committee Show, November 23, 2015
- Its the British Empire, Stupid!
- EIR’s Bill Jones Presents Need for New Paradigm at China Scholars’ Conference
- Terrorism and a Cold Winter Refugee Crisis
- U.S. Announces More Arms Sales to the ISIS-Funding Saudis
- Lavrov Exposes that U.S.-Led Coalition Is Deliberately Sparing ISIS in Order To Weaken the Assad Regime
What we don’t… on Helga Zepp-LaRouche: We Need A… Don’t Call Obama a M… on Don’t Call Obama a Murde… hocuspocus13 on The Truth Is Essential: Obama… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Obama Sent U.S. Destroyer into…