August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fly away Enda, fly away Joan – Ó Caoláin
- No Diversions: Next Two Weeks Will Decide the Fate of Mankind
- Martin McGuinness on current political situation in the Assembly
- LaRouche: History Will Be Made This Week and Next
- China’s Ambassador to Britain: “It’s an Opportunity, Not a Threat”
- Any Greek Deal Has To Include Debt Reduction
- The Euro is Over; The Austerity Rejected, What about the U.S.?
- LPAC Policy Committee 25 May 2015
- For a Genuine U.S. Revival, Dump Obama And His British Masters Now For a Genuine U.S. Revival, Dump Obama And His British Masters Now
- The Immortality of Wilhelm Furtwängler by Matthew Ogden
- LaRouche’s Mission to Restore the American Presidency, What is Yours?
- Friday Webcast 22 May 2015
- Léargas by Gerry Adams —- Reaching Out
- Lyndon LaRouche: Reverse the Tsarnaev Death Sentence Before It Becomes a Hitler Phenomenon
- A Vernadskian Reconsideration of Galactic Cycles and Evolution by Benjamin Deniston
- New Paradigm Show — Mankind is Not an Animal 20 May 2015
- New Benghazi Documents Show Obama Lied to the American People and Should Immediately Be Impeached
- Declassified DIA Documents Can Bring Down Obama Now
- PAC Policy Committee with Lyndon LaRouche · 18 May 2015
- Manhattan’s Struggle for Human Freedom Against the Slave Power of Virginia
poldergriet on Dump Obama Now or Face Imminen… poldergriet on New Paradigm Show · April 29,… poldergriet on The Obama Murders Open Source Media on Obama is the Detonator for Wor…