On March 15 2011, the Rome Opera celebrated the unification of Italy with a performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s great early opera, “Nabucco.” After the chorus sang ,”Va, pensiro,” the conductor (Riccardo Muti) turned to the audience and made a short, but quite emotional, speech. He described himself as a world traveler but one who was proud of his Italian cultural heritage wherever his journeys took him. He urged those listening to resist current trends to downplay this cultural background and that Italians must become, once again, cultural leaders of the world. To celebrate their success in the world of arts, Maestro Muti asked the audience to join him in singing an enore of, “Va pensiero.” Any wonder that chorus members were weeping as they sang the final bars of this marvelous hymn?
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Future Prospects
- Fireside Chat with Jason Ross, August 25, 2016
- Ending the Geopolitical War on Yemen with a Strategy for Peace & Development
- The Obama Crisis is Upon Us Now
- The New Paradigm: Einstein Today
- U.S. Must Join Global Silk Road
- Putin’s ‘Turkish March’ Towards a New Security Architecture
- A Truly Human Culture: An Expression of the Creative Human Mind
- LaRouche Was Right: End Wall Street Now!
- LaRouche: With the Landbridge Everyone Has a Job
- The World Urgently Needs a New Financial Architecture—And a New Paradigm of Thinking
- It Is Fulfilled With Mozart’s Requiem
- The ‘Age of Destruction’ Should Give Way to the ‘Age of Re-Construction’
- Will The US Join the New Economic Architecture?
- ‘Helicopter Money’ For a New American Infrastructure?
- Manhattan Town Hall event (with transcript)
- This Week in History August 14-20, 2016 Rear Adm. François Joseph Paul, comte de Grasse, Don Francisco Saavedra de Sangronis, and “the women of Havana.” (1781)
- Friday Webcast, August 19, 2016
- Fireside Chat with Dave Christie, August 18, 2016
- Now There are No Precedents
Putin Moves on Strat… on Putin Moves on Strategic Alter… Campaign’s Effects:… on Campaign’s Effects: FAZ… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Political and Economic Chaos i… Michael Parker on Political and Economic Chaos i…