June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yemen’s Foreign Minister Sends Message of Gratitude to Helga and the LaRouche Movement
- The Choice is Posed
- President Trump at the United Nations—What You Missed
- Open Letter to President Donald Trump In Defense of Columbus
- Russia, China, the U.S. — Fighting to End the Unipolar World, and Establish the Harmony of Interests Among Sovereign Nation States
- Fireside Chat with Mike Billington, September 21, 2017
- Zepp-LaRouche: Do We Go Down with the Trans-Atlantic Financial System, or Do We Join Hands with the New Silk Road?
- Lavrov and Tillerson Disscus Strategic Issues During Meeting at Russian UN Mission
- Just Why Does Wall Street So Hate ‘The New Silk Road’ and Lyndon LaRouche?
- LaRouchePAC Monday Update
- Russiagate Debunked: Ray McGovern & Bill Binney Conference in NYC
- It’s the Belt and Road or Blowout
- Enemy of the New Silk Road Paradigm: Saudi Genocide in Yemen
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Ben Deniston
- China, Russia Call on U.S. To Conduct Diplomacy, Not Threats, over North Korea; LaRouche Stresses, U.S. Holds the Key
- An “Old Man” Among Us: Happy Birthday, Lyndon LaRouche!
- Yemeni Foreign Minister Receives LaRouche Movement Statement on Stopping the Saudi War Against Yemen
- The Russian Hack Inside Job: Who’s Trying To Destroy The Presidency And Start A World War With Russia?
- What Lyndon LaRouche had Forecast is Here
- Fireside Chat with Dennis Speed, September 14, 2017
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… Patrick on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i… Felix Culpa on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i…