June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The World Urgently Needs a New Financial Architecture—And a New Paradigm of Thinking
- It Is Fulfilled With Mozart’s Requiem
- The ‘Age of Destruction’ Should Give Way to the ‘Age of Re-Construction’
- Will The US Join the New Economic Architecture?
- ‘Helicopter Money’ For a New American Infrastructure?
- Manhattan Town Hall event (with transcript)
- This Week in History August 14-20, 2016 Rear Adm. François Joseph Paul, comte de Grasse, Don Francisco Saavedra de Sangronis, and “the women of Havana.” (1781)
- Friday Webcast, August 19, 2016
- Fireside Chat with Dave Christie, August 18, 2016
- Now There are No Precedents
- Lyndon LaRouche: Washington D.C. 1997 Presentation
- The German Question: Spark for the Collapse, — or a Driver for World Development
- With Derivatives Blowout Coming, the West Must Join Putin’s World
- New German-Russian Cooperation In Fusion Power Research
- The Real Issue of Productivity; — Catching Up to China and the ‘Eurasian Power’
- The Einstein Standard for Creative Progress
- BRICS’s Hamiltonian Policy Has the British Empire On the Ropes
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Lyndon LaRouche
- Creating the New Presidency: The Launch of the Hamiltonian (with transcript)
- Time To Close Down NATO – Interview with VA State Senator Richard Black
Putin Moves on Strat… on Putin Moves on Strategic Alter… Campaign’s Effects:… on Campaign’s Effects: FAZ… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Political and Economic Chaos i… Michael Parker on Political and Economic Chaos i…