June 18 (LPAC)–After a thorough check-out of Tiangong-1’s
environmental, power, and communications systems, the
three-person crew of the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft entered the small
prototype space lab module, to begin a 10-day stay on board. The
docking was performed through computer control from the ground,
as it had been with the unmanned Shenzhou-8 craft last November.
Later in the mission, the two craft will undock, and then re-dock
under the manual control of the crew.
Automatic docking is more difficult and created one of the
worst potential disasters in space history, when an unmanned
Russian Progress cargo ship tested a new automatic docking system
with the Russian Mir space station in the late 1990s. The
Progress crashed in to a station module, causing it to
depressurize. Quick thinking and action by the crew saved the
rest of the Mir station. The Chinese crew will carry out the
manual docking as a test, in case, in the future, there is a
problem with the automatic system.
All three crew members will live in the Tiangong-1 while the
craft are docked, and Shenzhou-9 will be basically shut down.
While two sleep, one astronaut will remain on duty. Tiangong-1
has about double the volume of the Shenzhou, and, as seen in the
live TV coverage of the mission, has adequate space for
experiments, as well as living quarters.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- LaRouche’s Influence: The Increasing Force of Glass-Steagall
- LPAC Policy Committee Show – July 25, 2016
- Helga Zepp-LaRouche Renews Call for Banning Violent Video Games
- LaRouche: Pick Up the Productivity Rates, — or the U.S. and Europe Will Not Survive
- Humanity at the Brink: The US Must Join the Greater Eurasia Project — Part One (with transcript)
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Will Wertz (with transcript)
- Friday Webcast, July 22, 2016
- Diane Sare On the Ground from Columbus Circle NYC
- Fireside Chat with Will Wertz — July 21, 2016
- Their Day Has Come,— And Gone!
- It’s Time to Bring the War On Terror Down on the British Empire
- Glass-Steagall on U.S. Election Agenda; Wall Street Is Not Happy
- With Which Germany, Can Europe Have a Future?
- Campaign’s Effects: FAZ Writes on Deutsche Bank/Herrhausen History
- No Token Solutions Exist – Failure to Create a New Financial System Now Will Mean War
- Decisive Action to Prevent Chaos & War
- Introduction to LaRouche’s Economics
- Drama Infernale… and LaRouche’s Deutsche Bank Initiative As the Only Way Out
- Now Take the 28 Pages, and Avoid the Fate of France
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Diane Sare & Dennis Speed
Campaign’s Effects:… on Campaign’s Effects: FAZ… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Political and Economic Chaos i… Michael Parker on Political and Economic Chaos i… Putin and Xi Stress… on Putin and Xi Stress World Impo…