Anglo-Greek economist Costas Lapavitsis
(School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of
London) writes in the Guardian (July 17) that Greece has no option
other than to default and leave the Eurozone, which will lead to
the Eurozone’s collapse. “It is now a fair guess that the
European Monetary Union (or the Eurozone) has crossed the Rubicon
and is heading towards a breakup or collapse,” wrote Lapavitsis.
“Disintegration is likely to take a turn for the worse in
He writes that, while the austerity must stop and growth
policies, bank nationalizations, and writing-off of the debt are
the only solutions, this is “unthinkable” with the current
political leaders and prevailing neo-liberal polices.
With the current Greek government committed to the bailout
and memorandum with the Troika, the Greek economy will contract
by at least 7% to 9% in 2012. “But,” he concludes, “Greece is
unlikely to attempt suicide: at some point it will default on its
debts and exit the EMU. There will then be a genuinely new
government, perhaps formed by the left, which will navigate the
chaos and guide the rebuilding of economy and society. Once
Greece has made its move, the unravelling of the EMU will
probably start in full earnest.”
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yemen’s Foreign Minister Sends Message of Gratitude to Helga and the LaRouche Movement
- The Choice is Posed
- President Trump at the United Nations—What You Missed
- Open Letter to President Donald Trump In Defense of Columbus
- Russia, China, the U.S. — Fighting to End the Unipolar World, and Establish the Harmony of Interests Among Sovereign Nation States
- Fireside Chat with Mike Billington, September 21, 2017
- Zepp-LaRouche: Do We Go Down with the Trans-Atlantic Financial System, or Do We Join Hands with the New Silk Road?
- Lavrov and Tillerson Disscus Strategic Issues During Meeting at Russian UN Mission
- Just Why Does Wall Street So Hate ‘The New Silk Road’ and Lyndon LaRouche?
- LaRouchePAC Monday Update
- Russiagate Debunked: Ray McGovern & Bill Binney Conference in NYC
- It’s the Belt and Road or Blowout
- Enemy of the New Silk Road Paradigm: Saudi Genocide in Yemen
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Ben Deniston
- China, Russia Call on U.S. To Conduct Diplomacy, Not Threats, over North Korea; LaRouche Stresses, U.S. Holds the Key
- An “Old Man” Among Us: Happy Birthday, Lyndon LaRouche!
- Yemeni Foreign Minister Receives LaRouche Movement Statement on Stopping the Saudi War Against Yemen
- The Russian Hack Inside Job: Who’s Trying To Destroy The Presidency And Start A World War With Russia?
- What Lyndon LaRouche had Forecast is Here
- Fireside Chat with Dennis Speed, September 14, 2017
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… Patrick on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i… Felix Culpa on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i…