Prominent United Left (IU) Deputy Gaspar
Llamazares told an August 3 press conference that staying in the
euro is not worth the loss of sovereignty and citizen’s rights
that would come with full European Union (EU) intervention and
national bailout. “The government cannot sell out the country,
and should tell the EU that we are not in the euro at all costs,
nor at the cost of the workers, because if for this all citizens’
rights have to be thrown overboard, it is not worth it.” He
charged European Central Bank (ECB) chief Mario Draghi with
“clear blackmail” against Spanish society, with his proposal
that it reduce political autonomy, health, education, and social
benefits, “in exchange for a handful of euros.”
Should Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy accept intervention, it
would be “high treason” against the ciizens. Politicans who
stick with this, are going to produce “a social convulsion” and
leave the country in “water up to its neck and on the road to
Greece,” Llamazares charged.
Llamazares, a medical doctor specializing in public health
and member of the Spanish Communist Party, served as General
Coordinator of the IU from 2000-2008.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yemen’s Foreign Minister Sends Message of Gratitude to Helga and the LaRouche Movement
- The Choice is Posed
- President Trump at the United Nations—What You Missed
- Open Letter to President Donald Trump In Defense of Columbus
- Russia, China, the U.S. — Fighting to End the Unipolar World, and Establish the Harmony of Interests Among Sovereign Nation States
- Fireside Chat with Mike Billington, September 21, 2017
- Zepp-LaRouche: Do We Go Down with the Trans-Atlantic Financial System, or Do We Join Hands with the New Silk Road?
- Lavrov and Tillerson Disscus Strategic Issues During Meeting at Russian UN Mission
- Just Why Does Wall Street So Hate ‘The New Silk Road’ and Lyndon LaRouche?
- LaRouchePAC Monday Update
- Russiagate Debunked: Ray McGovern & Bill Binney Conference in NYC
- It’s the Belt and Road or Blowout
- Enemy of the New Silk Road Paradigm: Saudi Genocide in Yemen
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Ben Deniston
- China, Russia Call on U.S. To Conduct Diplomacy, Not Threats, over North Korea; LaRouche Stresses, U.S. Holds the Key
- An “Old Man” Among Us: Happy Birthday, Lyndon LaRouche!
- Yemeni Foreign Minister Receives LaRouche Movement Statement on Stopping the Saudi War Against Yemen
- The Russian Hack Inside Job: Who’s Trying To Destroy The Presidency And Start A World War With Russia?
- What Lyndon LaRouche had Forecast is Here
- Fireside Chat with Dennis Speed, September 14, 2017
LaRouche Irish Briga… on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… Patrick on Trump Has Set the Stage For Ru… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i… Felix Culpa on Glass-Steagall To Be Debated i…