In a harshly-worded statement issued in
Vienna yesterday, Ewald Podgorschek, financial policy spokesman
of the Freedom Party of Austria (FPOE), denounced Mario Monti’s
disrespectful remarks on national parliaments, in a newspaper
interview, as an attack on democracy. The division of power,
giving parliaments political control over governments, is a core
aspect of democracy; therefore, Monti’s remarks have to be
rejected in the most categoric terms, Podgorschek said, adding
that one may pose the question of whether Monti’s loyalty still
is more with his former employer, Goldman Sachs, than with Italy
and its people.
In Germany, a Frankfurter Allgemeine daily commentary said
that Monti’s remark that governments had to “educate” their
national parliaments, “tells of a, cautiously formulated, weird
understanding of democracy. He is probably right to say that the
breaking apart of Europe becomes more likely if governments are
totally bound to decisions of their parliaments. What follows
from that, however? Europe can only live on, if the national
parliaments have the least to say? The Federal Constitutional
Court, which is presently deliberating on the ESM, will note
these remarks with interest.”
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Beginning of the End for ‘Russiagate’: Now Defeat The New McCarthyism
- The Mueller Coverup – LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat
- The Noose Tightens on the British Empire
- From the Ashes of Notre Dame de Paris
- The Three Men; London is in Coverup Mode
- The British Role in ‘Russiagate’ Is About to Be Fully Exposed
- Are the Trans-Atlantic Nations Capable, Culturally, of Ending the Decay and Launching a New Paradigm?
- Finish Taking American Presidency Back From the British Empire
- First ‘Image’ of ‘Black Hole’ Teases Imagination: What’s Mankind’s True Potential in Space?
- Bill Binney (former NSA) on the Arrest of Julian Assange
- Assange Arrested by British; Belt and Road Forum Convenes – Which Road Will Be Taken?
- Soylent Green New Deal: Recipe for Depopulation?
- Pompeo Goes Abroad To ‘Beat’ China at Development — While Failing U.S. Infrastructure Kills at Home!
- VIPs Calling for Lyndon LaRouche’s Exoneration
- London Would Be a Lot Happier, If Only Reality Didn’t Exist
- The NASA Mission in Context — Commence the Era of LaRouche
- LaRouche in Brazil, 2002: “Either We Shall Sail Together, or We Shall Sink Together”
- Lunar Settlement “Before The Decade Is Out” — Trump Channels Kennedy and LaRouche
- LaRouche, Trump, and the Resurrection of the American Space Program
- Success for the New Paradigm Requires a Full Expose of British “Character” of Russiagate
LaRouche Irish Briga… on An Interview With Nessa Childe… bonbon on An Interview With Nessa Childe… Fernando Negro on Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.: 1922-… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Spy-Gate Knocked Out Russia-Ga…