August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- Obama’s Organization Wants Another Ukraine Coup Now, in America
- Manhattan Town event with Diane Sare (including transcript)
- Friday Webcast – Feb 17, 2017 (with transcript)
- Our Role at This Critical Moment, Redefined Afresh by Lyndon LaRouche
- Anglo-American War Party Seeks to Blow Up Ukraine, Wreck U.S.-Russian Prospects
- Trump Launches War on Drugs, But Must Target Drug Banks
- End the British Queen’s “Color Revolution” in the U.S.
- Trump Unfazed by Hysteria from London, Obama and the Media
- National Activist Call with John Sigerson—February 16, 2017—9pm EST
- Stay Above the Turmoil; Push for Sanity
- What Is Essential in the Fight Over Trump’s Presidency?
- LaRouchePAC Policy Committee Show
- Use LaRouche’s Scientific Authority To Cut Through the “Sea of Turmoil and Confusion”
- Manhattan Town Hall event with Michael Steger (with transcript)
- President Trump Announces Serious War on Drugs, But Must Include Central Role of British-Wall Street Banks
- A Strategy for Victory Against Drugs Requires Glass-Steagall
- New Opportunity
- National Activist Call with Kesha Rogers—February 9, 2017—9pm EST
- Trump-Abe Summit: Japan Opens Bridge to Eurasia
- The U.S. Must Join the New Silk Road, The Dominant Dynamic on the Planet
British Frantic To D… on British Frantic To Destroy Tru… Putin is the Key to… on Putin is the Key to This Crisi… Trump and Putin Can,… on Trump and Putin Can, and Must,… Aleppo II: Using Civ… on Aleppo II: Using Civilians As…