August 10, 2012 (EIRNS)–Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former London
Metropolitan Police (New Scotland Yard) Fraud Squad detective and
the former head of investigations for City regulator FIMRA, the
predecessor to the FSA, has denounced the cries of ‘unfair’
coming from sections of the City after the announcements from New
York State’s Department of Financial Services on Standard Charter
Bank’s money laundering.
He states on Aug. 9 on his website, “They don’t seem to
understand that the American authorities are growing very
concerned with the way that just about every major financial
scandal seems to emanate from London or has a London element.
Barclays bank, the LIBOR scams, HSBC, and the money laundering
evidence, the billion dollar derivatives losses caused to J.P.
Morgan Chase, were all orchestrated from London; there are
further U.S. investigations into RBS, [and] it all adds up to an
orchestrated level of regulatory failure and the Americans are
In his Aug. 7 website statement, which he has made available
for publication by Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), he
stated, “Now, with yesterday’s news about Standard Chartered Bank
and their wholesale diregard of U.S. laws on sanctions, my belief
is reinforced even more strongly. I hope that the U.S.
regulatory agency which has reported on SCB makes sure that their
licence to conduct financial business in New York is removed.”
“…Executives of the major banks have decided they are `too
big to jail,’ and international laws do not apply to them when
they become inconvenient.”
In an exclusive interview with EIR, Aug. 10, Bosworth-Davies
stated, ” A Glass-Steagall facility is a vital and fundamental
requirement to begin recreating a fair and honest banking sector,
and should be a non-negotiable issue for our Government and the
bank regulators.” He added, “That is why the Standard Chartered
Bank case is of such importance and why the regulators must stay
strong and stick to their principles, if the evidence is clear.
Let the chips fall where they may!”
Rowan Bosworth-Davies has decades of experience working with
U.S. investigators and is not unknown to numerous former
prosecutors from New York who support Glass-Steagall.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- How to Unleash Mankind’s Productivity: A New Economic Order (including transcript)
- 2016: America’s Moment of Decision
- Requiem Concerts on 15th Anniversary of 9-11
- Discovering Humanity’s True Nature: The Case of Einstein
- Obama is a Failure — The World Needs A New Financial Architecture Now!
- Your Life in the Galaxy—Cosmoclimatology & Galactic Water Update
- Future Prospects
- Fireside Chat with Jason Ross, August 25, 2016
- Ending the Geopolitical War on Yemen with a Strategy for Peace & Development
- The Obama Crisis is Upon Us Now
- The New Paradigm: Einstein Today
- U.S. Must Join Global Silk Road
- Putin’s ‘Turkish March’ Towards a New Security Architecture
- A Truly Human Culture: An Expression of the Creative Human Mind
- LaRouche Was Right: End Wall Street Now!
- LaRouche: With the Landbridge Everyone Has a Job
- The World Urgently Needs a New Financial Architecture—And a New Paradigm of Thinking
- It Is Fulfilled With Mozart’s Requiem
- The ‘Age of Destruction’ Should Give Way to the ‘Age of Re-Construction’
- Will The US Join the New Economic Architecture?
Putin Moves on Strat… on Putin Moves on Strategic Alter… Campaign’s Effects:… on Campaign’s Effects: FAZ… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Political and Economic Chaos i… Michael Parker on Political and Economic Chaos i…