3 AUG. (LPAC)–Lyndon LaRouche today warned that Israeli
actions, including the July 5 Israeli Air Force bombing of a
depot near Latakia, Syria which held Russian-made anti-ship
cruise missiles, could trigger a wider war, drawing the United
States into direct thermonuclear conflict with Russia. LaRouche
charged that the Israeli behavior is “criminally insane” and
could cause a world war. LaRouche added that the financial and
economic breakdown crisis in Europe and the United States has
reached an advanced stage that any day, there could be a
triggering event that leads to global conflict. He cited the
period between now and the end of September as the final phase of
an economic cycle, in which the prospects of a systemic crash is
greatly increased, moving to the end of the fiscal year. He
warned that this is also a grave danger point for an eruption of
conflict. One cannot rule out the outbreak of some kind of
general war between now and November, he concluded.
The Netanyahu government in Israel is going psycho over the
fact that war-avoidance elements within the Pentagon and the U.S.
intelligence community leaked the fact of the July 5 IAF bombings
to the U.S. media. It was first and only disclosure of the
latest in a series of Israeli bombing raids against targets in
Syria. The fact that Russian arms are being targeted by the
Israelis has profound strategic implications and the Israelis had
intended to keep the attacks secret. On July 31, Michael Gordon
posted a story in the New York Times under the headline “Some
Syria Missiles Eluded Israeli Strike, Officials Say.” Gordon
reported on the July 5 IAF bombing raid and reported that U.S.
intelligence community sources believe that the Israeli raid did
not destroy all of the Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles in
storage. He reported that “further Israeli strikes are
The Gordon article was followed Aug. 2 by a story in the
Jerusalem Post, accusing Pentagon and U.S. intelligence circles
who “do not have Israeli interests at heart” of leaking the
story of the IAF strikes to damage Israel. The author of the
Jerusalem Post piece, Yaacov Lappin, accused “elements in the
U.S. intelligence community, not in the Obama Administration” of
being behind the damaging leaks. Prof. Efraim Inbar, of the
Sadat-Begin Center, warned that the U.S. leaking of the secret
Israeli raids was intended to embarrass Israel, and could lead to
retaliation by the Assad government.
According to U.S. intelligence sources contacted by EIR, the
leaks are intended to make clear that the United States is not
supporting the Israeli strikes against Russian targets inside
Syria. Such strikes could lead to an escalation that directly
draws the United States into a head-on confrontation with Russia,
which has delivered weapons to the Assad government, based on
long-standing government-to-government contracts. The fact that
elements in the U.S. intelligence community blew the whistle on
the Israeli air strikes, including details about how the IAF
conducted the air-to-surface attacks on the Latakia depot from
over the Mediterranean, caused an hysterical reaction in
Jerusalem. The message to Israel from the Pentagon and the U.S.
intelligence community faction was clear: Further Israeli
attacks on Russian SAM sites inside Syria are not in the U.S.
interests and Israel should cut it out. The source concurred
with LaRouche’s evaluation that the Israeli actions are insanely
dangerous and could trigger a much larger conflict.
LaRouche warned colleagues today that the madmen in London
and Washington are out to start a thermonuclear confrontation,
targeting Russia and China, unless they are stopped. The
intelligence leaks and the insane Israeli behavior must be seen
in this overall context.
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The New Silk Road is Taking Over—But LaRouche’s Ideas Can Make it Unstoppable
- Second Belt and Road Forum Launches World Economy Into New Dimension
- Class #1 (Apr 27): Overview: The Individual’s Role in History
- China Inspires World Leaders to Develop Global Economy, When Will the U.S. Join?
- Through Lyndon LaRouche’s Eyes
- Larry Johnson, Bill Binney & Barbara Boyd Blast Russiagate Fakery, Highlight GCHQ Role in Coup
- FDR Would Be At The Great Summit in Beijing Today; We Have To Restore Trump’s Presidency
- Ibero-American Memorial for Lyndon LaRouche: “A Great Man has Left Us, but He has Left Us His Ideas”
- Mueller’s $35 Million Gaslighting of the American People—Tell Your Representative & Senators: Investigate and Stop This Treasonous Hoax Now
- Russiagate Sabotaged Trump’s Foreign Policy—That’s Why Trump Fired Comey
- LaRouche is the Soul of America
- Beginning of the End for ‘Russiagate’: Now Defeat The New McCarthyism
- The Mueller Coverup – LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat
- The Noose Tightens on the British Empire
- From the Ashes of Notre Dame de Paris
- The Three Men; London is in Coverup Mode
- The British Role in ‘Russiagate’ Is About to Be Fully Exposed
- Are the Trans-Atlantic Nations Capable, Culturally, of Ending the Decay and Launching a New Paradigm?
- Finish Taking American Presidency Back From the British Empire
- First ‘Image’ of ‘Black Hole’ Teases Imagination: What’s Mankind’s True Potential in Space?
LaRouche Irish Briga… on An Interview With Nessa Childe… bonbon on An Interview With Nessa Childe… Fernando Negro on Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.: 1922-… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Spy-Gate Knocked Out Russia-Ga…