Sept. 17, 2013 (EIRNS)–On Sept. 5 the Russian state nuclear
company, Rosatom, Rolls-Royce, and Finnish utility Fortun agreed
to consider building nuclear power plants in Great Britain. “A
cooperation agreement was signed between Rosatom state
corporation, Rolls-Royce and Fortum whose goal is to jointly
study the possibilities for building and maintaining nuclear
power stations with water-water power reactors in Britain,”
The agreement was signed following talks between Rosatom
chief Sergei Kiriyenko and British Business and Energy Minister
Michael Fallon in Moscow.
“The sides consider the British energy market attractive,
because the largest part of the existing fleet of Britain’s
nuclear power stations is planned to be phased out over the
medium term,” Rosatom said.
“I welcome the partnership between the U.K. and Russia on
civil nuclear cooperation,” Fallon was quoted as saying in a
The three companies will assess the feasibility of
introducing Russian “Generation III+ VVER” nuclear reactor
technology to the U.K. new build market. The U.K. government and
Rosatom also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to
facilitate this commercial work.
Rolls-Royce and Rosatom have worked closely together since
2011 and the former was awarded a separate contract to provide
nuclear engineering services to Rosatom.
According to a statement issued by Rolls-Royce, Jason Smith,
Rolls-Royce, President–Nuclear, said: “Rolls-Royce is building a
strong global strategic relationship with Rosatom, and I am
delighted that they have decided to put their trust in us with
this important work, as they look to grow their global
Rolls-Royce is a leading producer of jet engines as well as
other types of turbines. It also produces the Rolls-Royce
pressurized water reactor for the British Navy’s nuclear
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The New Silk Road is Taking Over—But LaRouche’s Ideas Can Make it Unstoppable
- Second Belt and Road Forum Launches World Economy Into New Dimension
- Class #1 (Apr 27): Overview: The Individual’s Role in History
- China Inspires World Leaders to Develop Global Economy, When Will the U.S. Join?
- Through Lyndon LaRouche’s Eyes
- Larry Johnson, Bill Binney & Barbara Boyd Blast Russiagate Fakery, Highlight GCHQ Role in Coup
- FDR Would Be At The Great Summit in Beijing Today; We Have To Restore Trump’s Presidency
- Ibero-American Memorial for Lyndon LaRouche: “A Great Man has Left Us, but He has Left Us His Ideas”
- Mueller’s $35 Million Gaslighting of the American People—Tell Your Representative & Senators: Investigate and Stop This Treasonous Hoax Now
- Russiagate Sabotaged Trump’s Foreign Policy—That’s Why Trump Fired Comey
- LaRouche is the Soul of America
- Beginning of the End for ‘Russiagate’: Now Defeat The New McCarthyism
- The Mueller Coverup – LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat
- The Noose Tightens on the British Empire
- From the Ashes of Notre Dame de Paris
- The Three Men; London is in Coverup Mode
- The British Role in ‘Russiagate’ Is About to Be Fully Exposed
- Are the Trans-Atlantic Nations Capable, Culturally, of Ending the Decay and Launching a New Paradigm?
- Finish Taking American Presidency Back From the British Empire
- First ‘Image’ of ‘Black Hole’ Teases Imagination: What’s Mankind’s True Potential in Space?
LaRouche Irish Briga… on An Interview With Nessa Childe… bonbon on An Interview With Nessa Childe… Fernando Negro on Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.: 1922-… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Spy-Gate Knocked Out Russia-Ga…