Although the DOJ and FBI were required to turn over 92,000 pages of documents on their 9/11 investigation in the Tampa/Sarasota, Florida area, to a federal judge last Friday, indications are that they have yet to do so, in what looks like a perpetuation of the Bush-Obama coverup of Saudi ties to the 9/11 hijackers.
Tom Julin, attorney for the Broward Bulldog, told EIR that the DOJ has not yet complied with the Judge’s order, but they say they are “working on it,” and are likely to file something with the court by the end of the week, explaining why the document production is delayed. “I don’t think he (the judge) will be receptive to any further delays,” Julin said. Under Judge William Zloch’s April 18 order, the DOJ and FBI were required to turn over copies of 23 boxes of FBI documents, totalling 92,000 pages, by April 25; they were also required to turn over a searchable, digital version of the documents by Friday, May 2.
The significance of the documents is that many of them are thought to pertain to the ties between a wealthy, royal family-linked Saudi family, who fled from Sarasota shortly before the 9/11 attacks, and which had been in contact with a number of the 9/11 pilots and hijackers. The existence of the Sarasota Saudi cell was never reported to the Congressional Joint Inquiry into the 9/11 attacks, or to the 9/11 Commission. After the existence of the Saudi cell was exposed by the Broward Bulldog and then other Florida newspapers in 2011, the FBI first said its investigation had found no links to the 9/11 attacks, but later produced a document stating that the FBI had found “many connections” between the family members and the 9/11 terrorists.
On April 18, the Justice Department delivered 27 pages of “classified material” to Judge Zloch for his inspection. Those documents are reportedly from the same case file as the “many connections” document.