Gottfried Leibniz’s international work is the focus of this episode of Jason Ross’s 2016 series of discussion on Leibniz’s life and work. As China and Russia opened up to increased commerce of goods and ideas with Europe, Leibniz sought to influence this “commerce of light” to further the causes of science, peace, and economy.
• Matteo Ricci, the Grand Design, and the Disaster of the ‘Rites Controversy’
• The British Empire’s Campaign to Subvert China’s Confucian Revival
• The British Role in the Creation of Maoism
• Circa 1492: A Deeper Look at Asian Art
• How the Nation Was Won, America’s Untold Story: 1630-1754