"In November 2015 the Bodleian Libraries acquired its 12 millionth printed book: a unique copy of a pamphlet entitled Poetical Essay on the Existing State of Things, written by a Gentleman of the University of Oxford and printed in 1811. The pamphlet was the work of Percy Bysshe Shelley (17921822), then a student at Oxford University, and now recognised as one of the great English poets of the 19th century. The acquisition is a momentous event for the public, for scholars, the University and the Bodleian Libraries. Known to have been published by Shelley in 1811 but lost until recently, Shelleys Poetical Essay is, thanks to the generosity of a benefactor, now freely available to all in digitized form. "The Bodleian Libraries are extremely grateful to Mr Brian Fenwick-Smith and Mr Antonio Bonchristiano for their generous support of this project. "The poem, written for the support of an Irish journalist imprisoned for libel, shows a young Shelley engaging with the political and social issues that coloured much of his work. The themes Shelley addresses in Poetical Essay (the abuse of press freedom, dysfunctional political institutions and the global impact of war) preoccupied him throughout his career, and are as sharply present today as they were 200 years ago." http://poeticalessay.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ How British Free Trade Starved Millions During Ireland's Potato Famine
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- The New Silk Road is Taking Over—But LaRouche’s Ideas Can Make it Unstoppable
- Second Belt and Road Forum Launches World Economy Into New Dimension
- Class #1 (Apr 27): Overview: The Individual’s Role in History
- China Inspires World Leaders to Develop Global Economy, When Will the U.S. Join?
- Through Lyndon LaRouche’s Eyes
- Larry Johnson, Bill Binney & Barbara Boyd Blast Russiagate Fakery, Highlight GCHQ Role in Coup
- FDR Would Be At The Great Summit in Beijing Today; We Have To Restore Trump’s Presidency
- Ibero-American Memorial for Lyndon LaRouche: “A Great Man has Left Us, but He has Left Us His Ideas”
- Mueller’s $35 Million Gaslighting of the American People—Tell Your Representative & Senators: Investigate and Stop This Treasonous Hoax Now
- Russiagate Sabotaged Trump’s Foreign Policy—That’s Why Trump Fired Comey
- LaRouche is the Soul of America
- Beginning of the End for ‘Russiagate’: Now Defeat The New McCarthyism
- The Mueller Coverup – LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat
- The Noose Tightens on the British Empire
- From the Ashes of Notre Dame de Paris
- The Three Men; London is in Coverup Mode
- The British Role in ‘Russiagate’ Is About to Be Fully Exposed
- Are the Trans-Atlantic Nations Capable, Culturally, of Ending the Decay and Launching a New Paradigm?
- Finish Taking American Presidency Back From the British Empire
- First ‘Image’ of ‘Black Hole’ Teases Imagination: What’s Mankind’s True Potential in Space?
LaRouche Irish Briga… on An Interview With Nessa Childe… bonbon on An Interview With Nessa Childe… Fernando Negro on Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.: 1922-… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Spy-Gate Knocked Out Russia-Ga…