"In November 2015 the Bodleian Libraries acquired its 12 millionth printed book: a unique copy of a pamphlet entitled Poetical Essay on the Existing State of Things, written by a Gentleman of the University of Oxford and printed in 1811. The pamphlet was the work of Percy Bysshe Shelley (17921822), then a student at Oxford University, and now recognised as one of the great English poets of the 19th century. The acquisition is a momentous event for the public, for scholars, the University and the Bodleian Libraries. Known to have been published by Shelley in 1811 but lost until recently, Shelleys Poetical Essay is, thanks to the generosity of a benefactor, now freely available to all in digitized form. "The Bodleian Libraries are extremely grateful to Mr Brian Fenwick-Smith and Mr Antonio Bonchristiano for their generous support of this project. "The poem, written for the support of an Irish journalist imprisoned for libel, shows a young Shelley engaging with the political and social issues that coloured much of his work. The themes Shelley addresses in Poetical Essay (the abuse of press freedom, dysfunctional political institutions and the global impact of war) preoccupied him throughout his career, and are as sharply present today as they were 200 years ago." http://poeticalessay.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ How British Free Trade Starved Millions During Ireland's Potato Famine
Defuse the Euro Time-Bomb with a Global Glass-Steagall
Follow the Brigade on TwitterMy Tweets
- If You Want to End the Coup Against the President, Exonerate LaRouche – LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat
- Italy joins with China in battle for the New Paradigm, Geopoliticians Flip!
- A Phase Change Is Upon US — The New Paradigm is Emerging, But the War Party is Frantic To Stop It
- Global Showdown: Putin Suspends Russia’s Obligations Under the INF Treaty
- If You Like London’s Ongoing Coup Against Trump, You’re Gonna Love Thermonuclear World War III
- Is Climate Change Truly an Existential Threat? Allow Science, not Hysteria, To Decide
- Democratic Leaders Tried To Sabotage the Hanoi Summit for a War Policy — Make Them Pay for It
- Mr. President—Listen to Bill Binney, Russiagate is a Worse Hoax than You Thought
- Multiple Global Crises Threaten War — ‘Four Powers’ Demonstrate Necessary Solutions
- Defeat the Murderous British Empire — Raise Mankind to a New Level of Creative Thinking
- Russiagate and War: Are You Sleepwalking into World War III?
- Act Against War Danger: Expose the Truth on Robert Mueller’s Core Lie, that Russia Hacked the DNC
- Bill Binney and Larry Johnson Shred Robert Mueller’s Russian Hack Fable
- Zepp-LaRouche: Let’s Realize the Dream of All of Mankind!
- A Great Thinker of Our Time
- Now Creating a More Human Epoch for Mankind
- LaRouchePAC Fireside Chat – You’ll Know Where You’re Going When You Plant Your Marker 50 Years Hence
- Democrats’ Ploy with Michael Cohen to Subvert Trump’s Peace Effort in Korea
- Peace and Development is Ongoing in Asia, While British Assets in the U.S. Attempt to Bring Regime Change to the Americas
- The Power of Nemesis
Fernando Negro on Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.: 1922-… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Spy-Gate Knocked Out Russia-Ga… LaRouche Irish Briga… on Wow -Education Christopher Lewis on Wow -Education